Friday, August 31, 2007

Autumn around the corner...


September will be upon us tomorrow! My favorite time of the year is fall. Leaves changing colors, cooler and less humid temperatures... and breaking out the warmer clothes, which partly inspired this first card.

On Splitcoaststampers today there was a challenge for autumn. This "tent card" is for Challenge 3. I did Houndstooth print on Elegant Eggplant, like a warm sweater! Stamped Autumn Leaf Prints in various shades of Earth Elements colors plus Eggplant, on watercolor paper, spritzed with water for a slight bleed of ink, then used my air tool to spray some chocolate chip speckles. Sewed the Really Rust textured cardstock on my machine. The word blessings is from Wordsworth. Ribbon and hardware are from SU.

I combined challenges 1 and 2 in this next card. Create a scene with 3 or more stamps, and use an animal not normally intended for autumn/halloween themes.


On Pumpkin Pie cardstock, I layered a strip of "Prairie Dot" paper by Flair Designs, and a Prima with a green crystal brad in the center. For the scene, I used Monkey Business, Carved & Candlelit, and Spring Garden (grass). I used a sponge dauber and a torn sponge for the sky in Buckaroo Blue and Bashful Blue, and the other colors used were Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Chip. I masked the pumpkin to get the monkey behind it.

Thanks for looking, see you again later!

1 comment:

Lynn Put said...

This is sooo cute, I love the monkey peeking out behind the pumpkin. Great job!