Sunday, April 19, 2009

Surprise birthday card for a friend!


I surprised my friend Sarah with a card and a hanging Fuchsia plant and this card, which I made for her last night. The image comes from Long Time Friend (SU!) and normally I would watercolor it, but my Stazon Ink Pads had to all get thrown out from age/dryness. So last night I broke out my husband's Prismacolor pencils! They're awesome colored pencils, and worked really well on the smooth surface of the Very Vanilla cardstock. I paired up the image with So Saffron and Old Olive cardstock. The sentiment comes from Happy Harmony (SU!) and I thought this butterfly was a cute addition.

Sorry I've been so slack in creating. I'm actually working on a sewing project, a jacket for me to wear to work. In the process, I'm planning to make a cute accessory to go with it, and I'll share when it's done!

Have a wonderful week!