Saturday, May 2, 2009

yummy popsicles for a birthday invite...



I can't believe that our younger daughter will be having a birthday, it just seems like she was born not that long ago. I'm so glad one of the girls has a birthday during the warm weather, and as you can see, I'm taking full advantage. I saw this idea on Splitcoaststampers and thought it was the perfect birthday invite. I did several versions.

Details of what I used/did: I thought the Tart & Tangy stamp set from Stampin' Up was so cute, so I used 2 of the 4 stamps from it. I used my JustRite stamper to stamp the word ONE on the front, and one of my oval punches and my new scalloped oval punch (also SU) that I now LOVE!
I used vellum for the scalloped oval and for the inside of the card, which I ran through the printer with the details of the party (some details covered up for obvious reasons). I used a single eyelet to hold the vellum on, because I have tried many types of adhesive for vellum on cardstock, and I've found none that don't show through, not even the vellum adhesive.
I used Crystal Effects (SU) to make the popsicle drip by the bite (punched with SU scallop circle punch). To stick on the popsicle stick, I used sticky strip adhesive.

Can't wait to deliver these invites, and for the party! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Seriously. said...

WOW Kelly, these are FANTASTIC! I love them!

creative gal said...

I like them, too!! Can't believe she is one!