Friday, November 7, 2008

Many ways to use a single image...

This afternoon I stopped by the Christmas show at the Convention Center, where the Christmas shopping frenzy began for lots of people. I was pleasantly surprised to find a stamp maker as a vendor! The man in business is just as sweet as he can be, and loves his stamps! His company is Stamps by Impression, and he has over 2000 stamps on his website. I bought a couple with the girls' names on them, and a ballet stamp (art coming soon). But my biggest excitement was something I wasn't even planning to get originally, but I'm so glad I did! It is this poinsettia!

The image above as well as the first one below were started the same, using watercolor crayons (coloring multiple shades directly on the rubber), a spritz of water onto the rubber, stamp on watercolor paper, and my spray tool spritzing some caramel and green ink. Oh, and also my Frosted Lace Stickles for sparkle. I decided to make the first card a torn window and age it with some sponging. The second I went much simpler, but thought this was still nice, just a little different personality.
This next one you may have to click on to get a better look. I ironed a piece of velveteen paper onto the rubber. It embosses the velvet. I chose to keep this simple to let the velvet stand out. It's kinda rustic and elegant together.
Lastly, I went for a sparkly, more monochromatic look with caramel, vanilla, and a bit of khaki green? I tied in the caramel color with copper brads, and I used Star Dust Stickles for some sparkle. The background stamp is the old holiday print background from Stampin' Up. My lighting has gotten bad in my craft room, so my pictures are seemingly getting worse and worse. I wish you could see these in person!
I'm going to be selling some things, if you're local and want to see, let me know. I have creations as well as stamps. If you're not local, let me know and I can send you a list and any pics by request.

More ideas hopefully to share this weekend!

No comments: