Saturday, November 1, 2008

Birthday card and more 2009 calendars for Christmas!


My team lead at work asked me to make a girly birthday card for her mom. I liked being able to use Beate's weekend sketch challenge (WSC54) for this card. My favorite color this time of year is chocolate brown and I love the Houndstooth background stamp from Stampin' Up. It's so cozy this time of year, like a good sweater. I used a scrap of Tres Jolie paper by My Mind's Eye, which I sponged around the edges in light pink ink to better match my "Blush" paper by Basic Grey behind it. I used my new Stampin' Up scallop edge punch for the scallop border. The sentiment was from Warmest Regards by Stampin' Up. Accessories: ribbon, hardware, Prima flowers and pink rhinestone. I stamped a sentiment on the left inside corner (below) along with a pink flourish from Carte Postale, both stamps are from Stampin' Up.
I completed 4 more calendars today, so below are some pictures to see. Not much different in approach this time, though I used my Sizzix and a couple of circle punches for the April flowers.
Papers for these calendars are from Stampin' Up and Basic Grey. Stamp sets used were Serene Sunflower, Inspired by Nature, Best Blossom, and A Tree For All Seasons, all from Stampin' Up. I used Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Marigold and Sahara Sand ink colors. The clips were from Making Memories which I found at Michaels. These calendars will make fantastic teacher gifts (since we now have 5 "school" teachers for our 2 girls, plus a ballet teacher...) as well as friend/coworker/neighbor gifts.

More gift ideas coming soon- watch for new posts soon!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Kelly, love that you flip the sketch, very pretty. And your calendars...AWESOME!

creative gal said...

I really like the calendar idea!!

Seriously. said...

Kelly, I feel like I just need to cut and paste all of my comments....they all say, "Awesome!" "Very cool!" "You're so talented!"

Seriously, they're great!