Tuesday, October 14, 2008
I made 3 of these Christmas Cards, using the textured cardstock. I stamped the flower in vanilla and sprayed Pearl Ex hair spray for the background. I used gold cardstock and heat embossed the sentiment in gold. I polished it off with some vanilla ribbon, and voila! 3 more cards done! (But lots more to go...)
I have completed 8 calendars for Christmas already! I love this idea from Stampin' Up's catalog, just have some kinks to work out before I make more. I did mine a bit differently, I formatted mine to fit 4 on a sheet of cardstock (quarter sheet size), so that I could save 1 piece of paper per person,which in large quantities can save me quite a bit of money. I really do love the long skinny version, but price is a factor this day and age.
I used 2 different sets of Stampin' Up designer series paper- Urban Garden and Green Tea, and combined my favorites from the two to make my calendars.
January February and March are shown here. January was as simple as cutting my paper and sticking it on. February I used Serene Sunflower with Old Olive ink and got a 2 tone monochromatic look by stamping off some of the ink to get lighter shades some of the time. I cut out flowers from the designer series paper for March. In person those flowers are incredibly dimensional!
For April, again cut and paste, this time simple stripes. May I used my new set Inspired by Nature and the new In Color 'Baja Breeze'. Another cut and paste for June, and half the year is done.
July was just a random thought- I think I should re-think. I used random cardstock stickers that I had from old simply scrappin and other kits, just pulled out things that matched in color. So all of the July pages for each of the 8 calendars are unique. For August I pulled out Best Blossom which I unsuccessfully tried to sell. Must've been meant to be.
October and December, cut and paste, November was stamped using Autumn Leaf Prints and Going Gray ink. I have to tell you, this appears to be a quick project, but it was quite time consuming. I think if/when I do more it will take less time, but I probably put a good 10 hours into this project. I will do it again, but make some changes for next time.
Posted by Kelly at 9:20 PM