Saturday, August 23, 2008

Valentine's Day- Candy Bar Pouch


I saw this on Splitcoaststampers during the winter months. At the time I had 3 other girls on my team at work (now there's one more). I whipped these up for each of them, trying to customize to their personalities at least a little bit. Instructions for this project are available on their site for the Hershey bar size, I made it bigger for these big Dove bars. Basically you just pull the ribbon/bow and it pulls the candy bar right out.

I used some Daisy D's floral paper for the one on the left (above) along with pink and purple cardstock. I used an old All Year Cheer set by Stampin' Up! for the Happy Valentine's Day sentiment and I sponged the circle's edges and the floral paper using purple ink. The bottom of the pouches were crimped. The left one has pink taffeta ribbon. The one on the right was done with old Stampin' Up! Valentine's papers. You can barely see, but I stamped some hearts across the pink cardstock above the crimped edge and above the XO paper. Much cuter in person.

This was also done in purple. I inked up the cardboard flower, I heat embossed the sentiment in white. I used 2 random designer papers (one is from Stampin' Up!, the other is just an old scrap), the green ribbon was taffeta, and I used the stitched purple ribbon to coordinate with the cardstock. I had fun doing these, and my coworkers thought they were a cute surprise!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Seriously. said...

I will take ANY and ALL suggestions in regards to fast and healthy meals--

Thanks for the encouragement... :)