Sunday, August 17, 2008

Starting back simple...


I am trying to get back upstairs to do more crafting. My time is almost non-existent now with 2 kids. But I had a rare opportunity last night, and opted to fore go some sleep time to do a couple of things. Taylor is having "Cupcake Challenge #29" and so I decided to start with it. I broke out some stuff I bought a long time ago and hadn't really done much of anything with. Stamp set is Carte Postale by Stampin' Up! and it's coordinating scrapbook papers, combined with Basic Grey cardstock.

I also used grey and pale plum inks for the Merci circles. These were simple to do with my circle punches and I instantly was able to write out 2 more thank you notes for baby gifts!

Next I have the window and flowers from Stampin' Up!'s new set called Window Dressing. I got to use it at the catalog premiere party that my friend Heather hosted. I stamped the images and then took it home, along with the new In Color cardstock in Pacific Point which is very nice. I added some Basic Grey cardstock for matting. The images were watercolored with Earth Elements colors, including Not Quite Navy, which was very close to the new color.

As I said, I was keeping things simple to start back. Thanks for coming to check it out.
P.S. I have some pics from a simple Valentine craft that I made for my 3 coworkers. I'll post soon.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Both cards are very pretty -- I love the purple one -- so lovely! :)

Connie Carpenter Macko said...

can't wait to get a hold of some of the other new sets from SU! fun, fun, fun!

Taylor said...

Lovely cards! Glad you're finding some time to get back into stamping!

Lindsey and Chris said...

I love the purple ones...of course I think I'm a little partial to purple. It was my favorite color as a little girl.

Amanda H. Avery said...

I agree--I love the purple ones!