Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sept '07 VSN- Day 2!


I was able to do a couple of challenges earlier today before taking my daughter to her friend's birthday party. The first challenge is a texture challenge, to use as many as possible. Bear with me, as some of my textures must be seen with the eyes and not felt with the hands, whereas others are touchy-feely!

I started by embossing a Karen Foster adhesive backed metal sheet (in gold). I distressed the edges of all of my cardstock, a great and easy way to add texture to a card! I also added moss green velvet ribbon from SU. The deep olive green slide mount is also slightly textured, and the fact that it is raised is (to me) another texture. The watercolor paper is also textured.

I used the stamp set Autumn Leaf Prints and rolled the leaves in different Earth Elements inks to signify the changing of seasons. I spritzed with water to slightly bleed the ink, then once mostly dry, spritzed some brown ink for effect. For the sentiment and teeny leaves, I used Refuge & Strength. I actually LOVE this card, it's very different, and I don't normally love flashy stuff, but the idea of so many textures really is what makes it so great to me.

This next card was an easy one for me, the challenge was to do a card for a baby or expectant mom. I have so many friends who are expecting right now, that the issue for me is not WHAT to make, but WHICH friend will be the recipient?

Starting with my "Side Saddle" designer paper, I selected red and Cool Caribbean papers to brighten it up! The scalloped rectangle and tag are from old die cut Petal Cards from Stampin' Up! I watercolored the girl with my Watercolor Crayons. I used Pop-Up Glue Dots to make her and the tag "pop."

I'm hoping to do more challenges tonight. Ta Ta for now!

No comments: