Monday, September 22, 2008

Simple, No Layer Christmas Cards, Part 1


I got my new set from Stampin' Up! It's called Christ Is Born and I love the elegance of this set. And it's easy to get caught up in thinking of all the fancy things you can do with this set, all the layers and stuff. But in my brainstorming about not overdoing it this year, I decided to try out some simple, no layer cards. I have done some in the past (see my SCS gallery) and have loved them.
Green Card:
Stamps: Linen background, Christ is Born
Paper: Certainly Celery
Ink: Going Grey, White craft, Real Red
Accessories: Real Red grosgrain ribbon
Grey Card:
Stamps: Linen background, Christ is Born
Paper: Basic Grey
Ink: Going Grey, Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: Stickles (Frosted Lace)

Although it's incredibly hard to see, I stamped the poinsettia in grey, then traced the outline in Stickles. Also the linen background is hard to see in the pic, so here's a closeup.

I'm planning to do a lot more no layer cards (see future posts) donate my cards to the Hospice here, for families to use for thank you's and notes (thank you and note cards are on their wish list). Also more Christmas cards to come, including some heat embossing with this set!

2 comments:

Seriously. said...

Oh Kelly, those are just lovely! I LOVE these--I love the simplicity......lovely.

creative gal said...

I like it!! Good idea about the hospice group. I may do that as well. Check out my blog for some blog candy!